Information for Block Bookings/Regular Users
Full responsibility for the building will fall both to the individual and the organisation booking the hall.
They agree to: –
- Collect the keys as agreed.
- Leave the area hired clean and tidy.
- Report any damages / breakages.
- Leave the Town Hall secure and return the keys as agreed.
If a regular user group is not going to use the facility the Town Hall staff must be informed as far in advance as possible. If the booking is not cancelled in good time the group will be charged.
Block bookings which have attracted a price reduction are payable in advance and cancellations must still be paid for without good cause.
Before a group can use any rooms in the Town Hall a member of the group must be briefed on Fire Safety Procedures by one of the Staff. That group member is then responsible for briefing the other members of the group.
The briefing must include: –
- The Emergency Plan
- The layout of the building including the location of the emergency exits and fire safety equipment.
- Where the safety information about the building is displayed.
- Access to emergency exits must be kept clear of any obstruction
- Fire doors must be kept shut
- Any portable electrical equipment brought into the hall by the group must have a Portable Electrical Equipment (PAT) certificate.
- Electrical equipment must be switched off and where appropriate unplugged before leaving the hall.
- No items should be left in passageways or waiting areas except where coat hooks provided have been used.
Any questions, please contact us.