Terms and Conditions of Hire
Campbeltown Town Hall – Terms and Conditions of Hire:
1. For the purpose of these conditions, the term TRUST shall mean South Kintyre Development Trust who are the owners of Campbeltown Town Hall.
2. The term HIRER shall mean an individual hirer, or where the hirer is an organisation, the authorised representative as listed in the Confirmation of Booking.
3. HIRERS are asked to respect the facilities provided by Campbeltown Town Hall which is a valuable resource in our community. It is run by the TRUST on your behalf and it is only with your cooperation that we can all fulfil our mutual aims.
4. Smoking is strictly prohibited on the premises.
5. TRUST staff have the right to terminate any hire or prevent further admission to the building if they believe there is a risk to health and safety and/or the fabric/contents of the building.
6. Alcohol may only be consumed on the premises if stated in the Confirmation of Booking.
7. The TRUST operates a zero tolerance policy on drugs and any illegal substance. If any hall user is found to be under the influence, the hire will be terminated with immediate effect and the police notified.
8. The HIRER shall ensure that the minimum of noise is made on arrival and departure. Hires will terminate at 12 midnight unless dispensation is given in writing in advance.
9. The HIRER shall ensure that no animals, except guide dogs, are brought into the premises without prior agreement.
10. Operation of any lighting or PA equipment can only be operated by an approved responsible person or our own technician. The TRUST will determine if technical support will be required for an event
11. HIRER’s must not attempt to open any windows or adjust radiators within the building without the consent of Town Hall staff
12. Use of candles, confetti canons and any decorations to be mounted on the wall are not permitted without prior consent from Town Hall staff.
13. All bookings must be made through the Town Hall/SKDT office staff.
To book events please e-mail: [email protected] or telephone: 01586 552870
14. For an initial booking, or in the case of a single booking, the HIRER must complete a Booking Enquiry Form and return via email or alternatively by post to Campbeltown Town Hall, 54 Main Street, Campbeltown PA28 6AB. The print version will be sent on request or you may download it from the website.
15. All bookings are provisional until confirmed in writing by e-mail and the appropriate payment is received.
16. The HIRER has access only to the parts of the Hall specified in the Confirmation of Booking.
17. It is taken that you agree to these Conditions of Hire upon payment of hire or deposit.
Payment for hire of the Hall or parts thereof in accordance with the current Scale of Charges shall be made as follows:
a. Weddings / licensed events (see also Cancellation Policy below)
Non-refundable deposit (retainer): 50% of total hire cost is due to secure and guarantee your date. Payment is due within 14 days of invoice
Balance of hire: Outstanding hire cost will be invoiced and must be paid 14 days prior to event. Failure to do so may result in cancellation and loss of retainer
Security deposit:* A security deposit of £350 is required to cover any damage, theft or breakages incurred to the fabric or contents of the Town Hall by you or your guests during the time of hire. This will be invoiced and is payable on arrival by cash or card. Upon satisfactory inspection of the premises, this will be refunded within seven working days of event.
b. All other one off events incl. meeting room hire – to be paid in full at time of booking
c. For local organisations making multiple bookings, ie every week or month etc. invoices will be issued at the end of the month and payment due within 14 days
d. For multiple bookings from HIRERS not resident in Campbeltown, payment for each 4 week block is to be made in advance
*Prior to and after any hire, a representative of the TRUST and the HIRER will inspect the hired area and take note of any damage.
18. In the event that a HIRER has to cancel a confirmed booking, the appropriate cancellation fees will apply as follows:
a. Weddings / licensed events
Prior to 4 weeks’ notice: Initial deposits are non-refundable
4 weeks’ notice or less: 100% of hire cost due*
b. All other one off events incl. meeting room hire
Prior to 4 weeks’ notice: 50% refund
4 weeks’ notice or less: 100% of hire cost due*
c. Multiple bookings
Cancellation charges will apply on the same principle as for one-off bookings with a negotiated amount to be agreed according to the circumstances.
*Full refund may be granted in exceptional circumstances at the Trust’s discretion
19. All cancellations are to be submitted in writing to the Town Hall by email or post.
The following points must be fully understood and adhered to during any hire period – please read carefully
20. The HIRER will be responsible for supervision of the premises, the fabric and the contents, their care, safety from damage and the behaviour of all persons using the premises, whatever their capacity.
21. The HIRER shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that stated in the Confirmation of Booking, shall not sub-hire or use the premises or allow the premises to be used for any unlawful purpose which may render invalid any insurance policies
22. The Hall will be provided to the HIRER in a clean and functional condition. It is the responsibility of the HIRER to return the premises to an equivalent condition at the end of the hire (please see clear-up check-list attached for guidance)
23. Any contents which have been temporarily removed from their usual positions must be properly replaced.
24. It is the responsibility of the HIRER to ensure that all rubbish from the hire is removed from the Hall and placed in the receptacles provided or taken away after the event. The hall does not have the capacity to collect and remove rubbish. The TRUST may impose a charge to cover the cost of any additional work that may result from failure to observe this condition.
25. The HIRER shall be responsible for obtaining such licences that may be needed whether for the sale or the supply of alcoholic beverages or for the performance of entertainment and/or other such activities for which authorisation is required.
26. If stewards are required for the event, this is the responsibility of the hirer. The TRUST can recommend local qualified stewards if required.
27. If activities involve the supervision of children or other vulnerable persons, it is the responsibility of the HIRER to ensure that all requirements of Disclosure Scotland PVG Scheme are complied with.
28. The HIRER shall ensure that sub-contracted activities such as mobile discotheques etc are fully insured against public liability for their operation. The TRUST has insured the hall for Public Liability risks falling within their responsibility.
29. The HIRER shall indemnify the TRUST for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property or the contents of the building which may occur during the period of hiring, as a result of the hiring.
30. The HIRER shall ensure that all children on the premises are under adult supervision at all times. Children are strictly not permitted in the kitchen.
31. The HIRER is responsible for any external suppliers (i.e. caterers, licensees, bands etc.) and any damage to the building or its contents caused by them during the hire period. It is also the responsibility of the hirer to ensure their suppliers have the appropriate liability insurance in place where required.
31. The HIRER must return after the event any keys provided for access to the hall promptly.
32. Personal Belongings are left at their owners’ risk. SKDT will not be responsible for any loss or damage for any items.
33. The HIRER shall ensure that no animals, except guide dogs, are brought into the hall, without prior agreement.
34. The HIRER shall, if preparing, serving or selling food, observe all the relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations including those detailed on any notice in the kitchen or other part of the halls.
35. The HIRER shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought to the premises and used there, shall be safe, in good working order and used in a safe manner.
36. When applicable and to comply with the Public Entertainments Licence, the HIRER should have sufficient competent attendants on duty on the premises to assist people entering and leaving and generally supervising the event. In addition to the HIRER, the number of attendants must not be less than two for up to 100 persons and three for up to
37. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises and the HIRER shall ensure compliance with this rule. Smoke machines may not be used in the hall under any circumstances.
38. The HIRER shall note the location of firefighting equipment and comply with all fire precautions and evacuation procedures which have been provided to them.
39. The HIRER should acquaint themselves with:
a. the location and use of fire equipment,
b. the escape routes and the need to keep them clear,
c. the necessity to close all fire doors
d. the operation of escape door fastenings.
In the Event of an Emergency
40. In the first instance please telephone the Town Hall Caretaker (telephone number to be advised) If the Caretaker is unavailable, please telephone the Town Hall Manager (number to be advised)
41. If a representative of the TRUST is called out to the hall during a hire to remedy a situation caused by improper use of the hall then an additional charge may be levied.
42. TRUST staff have the right to end any hire or prevent further admission to the premises if there is a risk to health and safety or a situation of conflict arises
43. The governing law of these Terms and Conditions is the Law of Scotland
44. All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT at 20%, and are subject to change without further notice.
IMPORTANT On payment of hire or deposit you are accepting our Terms & Conditions, which are legally binding.
Before leaving the premises, please be sure to carry out the following (dustpan, brush and hoover can be found behind first floor cloakroom counter):
Main Hall hire:
Stack all chairs at side of the hall
Wipe down all tables used
Sweep Main Hall floor*
Hoover first floor landing
Ensure toilets and all public areas are left in reasonable state of tidiness
Remove all litter and rubbish
Remove all personal belongings
Ensure all kitchen surfaces are clean
All dishes and utensils must be washed and returned to their original place (any breakages should be recorded in the Kitchen Handbook)
Remove all rubbish from the premises
Ensure all appliances are switched off
Meeting room hire:
Wipe down all tables used
Remove all rubbish from the premises
*Mopping of the main hall floor is not required as this requires specialist treatment.