South Kintyre Development Trust acquired this important building in October 2014, the Town Hall has now been restored to an extremely high standard and reopened to the public on May 2016.
Extensive work including the installation of a DDA lift, ramp and disabled persons toilets means the building is accessible to all for the first time in its long history. The Main Hall is now also equipped with impressive new lighting and PA system, adding the wow factor to any event.
Extensive repair and renovation work was carried out, including:
- Exterior stone repairs
- Re-pointing and re-painting
- Re-slating the roof
- Repair and gild weather vane
- Renovate window frames and replace glass with slimline double glazing
- Replace all internal and external doors with period designs
- Renovate Japanese oak and Italian marble panelling throughout
- Construct sufficient toilet facilities for up to 250 people (inc disabled and baby changing facilities)
- Install discrete ramp and disabled lift
- Install new semi-commercial kitchen to service functions
- Install new sports floor in the main hall
- Install basic Sound and Lighting systems and infrastructure
- Replace original cornicing in the main hall.
Campbeltown Town Hall – Interior:
Campbeltown Town Hall – Exterior: